Take your career to the next level with Kohler Co., one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an opportunity to join the corporate Environment, Health and Safety Department (EHS) where you will be able to collaborate and use your professional skills in a creative, conscientious and culturally diverse environment.Kohler Safety Specialist 03T57
As a Project Safety Specialist, you will work with the EHS team to improve health and safety performance, establish systems for continuous improvement, maintain regulatory compliance, minimize liability, and reduce costs.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
* Health and Safety Performance Improvement: Identify, evaluate, and control safety and health issues in multiple and varied manufacturing and service environments. Recommend and facilitate implementation of programs, controls and training to enhance facility performance.
* Conduct Kohler Safety Management System (KSMS) and Compliance Audits: Audit and inspect Kohler Co. facilities worldwide to ensure legal compliance and advance Kohler’s internal processes. Assist with resolving identified issues, and improve overall status of facility health and safety performance. Continuously support and improve facility achievements within the KSMS.
* Develop and Implement Injury and Risk Reduction Programs: Utilize company equipment and processes to perform ergonomic, safety and health assessments to identify, evaluate and control risk within the work environment. Document conditions, identify solutions, develop business case justification, and maintain database records. Assist in implementing approved solutions to identified concerns.
* Develop and Present Health and Safety Training Programs: Create training materials and develop presentations on specific topics as necessary to address internal needs and regulatory mandates. Develop and mentor trainers at individual facilities.
* Special Support: Provide interpretation and technical support to production and engineering areas, as requested, to ensure compliance with applicable health and safety regulations. Review and comment on proposed engineering projects and material changes. Provide investigative support and technical guidance as necessary to abate emergency conditions, identify causes and initiate preventative measures. Share on-call responsibilities and respond to emergencies when notified.
* Identify, Benchmark, Implement and Share Best Safety Practices: Identify suitable best safety practices for deployment at Kohler facilities. Benchmark industries with world class safety programs to identify opportunities for improvement.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
* Requires Bachelor’s Degree in safety, engineering or related science with at least 2-3 years of broad and related experience in industrial environments.
* Demonstrated ability to foster management and associate participation.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills – written and verbal.
* Computer competency, including MS Office programs and internet savvy.
* Ability to present information and conduct training sessions in a clear and authoritative manner.
SKILL PREFERENCES – HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT
* C.S.P. or ability to achieve certification is preferable.
* OSHA 30 hour training
* Heavy machinery knowledge
* Experience with or a willingness to learn job-hazard analysis/risk assessment
HOW YOU CAN APPLY:
Access our online job description and application via:
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at http://www.kohler.com.
Since 1873, our life’s work has been to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. Today, over 50 leading-edge Kohler brands deliver on that promise to customers in six continents – a testament to the craft of over 30,000 associates and the culture in which they operate.
As Kohler associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We forge our own path and, in turn, experience the joy of discovery along with the opportunity to grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer.