Turnkey Processing Solutions, LLC
28369 Davis Parkway, Suite 407
Warrenville, IL 60555
Turnkey Processing Solutions, LLC has an opportunity for an experienced mine safety professional for its expanding Wisconsin operations. The Manager of Safety is responsible for compliance and enforcement of safety-related rules, laws and procedures as well as the development and implementation of safety programs designed to minimize risk of injury of employees and damage to the equipment and facilities for an aggregate mining project management company.
• Advises Safety Director on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions; Developing a culture of Safety First
• Audits work areas to identify, facilitate and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Provides or coordinates Industrial Hygiene surveys for respirable dust, welding fume, mists and noise at both MSHA and OSHA facilities.
• Coordinates and communicates incident investigations to minimize reoccurrence, assures the preparation of accident reports, and confirms closure of corrective actions, develop response to MSHA citations and challenges to citations if warranted
• Keeps current with regard to technical and regulatory issues for employee safety and health.
• Provide guidance on the purchase and maintenance of safety equipment.
• Responsible for ensuring Workers Compensation claims management process is followed and claims are handled effectively.
• Facilitate all MSHA and OSHA audits and inspections
• Manage MSHA required training and documentation, maintaining accurate record keeping of safety compliance and employee training records.
• Audit contractors for MSHA compliance
• Audit safety compliance of all major capital projects
• Audit safety of activities during any major shutdown
• Contact for the sites for critical incident management and regulatory agency audits/inspections
• Other duties as assigned Safety Director
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years of Mining Safety experience, or experience as a Plant or Operations manager at a mining facility or similar industry
• Ability to conduct Industrial Hygiene surveys for respiratory and noise exposures.
• Strong MSHA compliance background and an understanding of MSHA regulations
• Strong understanding of operation and maintenance of aggregate and sand processing equipment
• Ability to conduct required MSHA Part 48 or 46 training and develop curriculum to facilitate the training
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with company and regulatory personnel
• Strong leadership skills; possess the ability to lead by example, manage, mentor and coach; have a proven track record for creating employee ownership of safety
• Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to work unconventional hours as necessary or requested, travel between several locations where necessary