University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee announces the recruitment for an Environmental Health Specialist (Biological Safety Officer) in the Department of University Safety and Assurances. The position is Non-Teaching Academic Staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or greater) in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or similar;
- A minimum of two years of experience practicing biosafety or working in a biological research laboratory that utilizes hazardous materials and able to demonstrate knowledge of biological safety regulations and guidelines (NIH, CDC, USDA, Homeland Security);
- Experience providing education and training in Biological Safety, proper laboratory practices and/or techniques for safe handling of biohazardous materials;
- Experience working with teams and/or committees;
- Experience using a variety of computer systems/programs (including web based business applications) and/or creating/updating web sites; and
- Evidence of strong written communication skills (will be evaluated using application materials).
Please view entire posting for further information and application instructions. https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/25988
Loss Prevention Representative
West Bend Mutual Insurance, North Eastern WI
West Bend Mutual Insurance Company currently has an immediate opening for a Loss Prevention Representative serving the North Eastern portion of the state (from Wausau/Stevens Point to Green Bay/Door County. It is preferred that the ideal candidate reside in the Green Bay/Fox Valley area.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include surveying of commercial risks for underwriting staff and risk improvement services for commercial risks. The position will be a home based position.
• Bachelor’s degree in safety and health, risk management or equivalent with 3-5 years of insurance experience preferred.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in a Loss Prevention role (outside of a retail setting) conducting physical surveys, investigating risk exposures/accidents, analyzing risk experience and making recommendations to assist insureds in maintaining their loss control programs.
• The ability to work in the field with limited managerial direction but also able to work effectively with underwriters to determine risk and acceptability.
• An aptitude for finding the “silver lining” in complex and sensitive situations.
• The willingness to gain additional knowledge and experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can go to our website at www.thesilverlining.com for a complete job description and application to submit expressing interest.
Apply by 3/15/2016
These positions are located in the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Region V – This position may be filled either in Madison, WI Area Office, Eau Claire, WI Area Office or Fairview Heights, IL. * Please indicate which location, Madison or Eau Claire, WI or Fairview Heights, IL (or all three locations) that you are interested in applying for. This position has promotion potential to the grade GS-12 level.
Full details: http://jobview.doors.dol.gov/getjob.aspx?JobID=164355366&LogGetJobChannelID=6572