Industrial Hygienist Sr. – WISCONSIN or NORTHERN IL
Sentry Insurance is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, technical and results driven individual to fill a highly skilled position in our National Accounts – IH Services Division. As an Industrial Hygiene Consultant Sr. you will work with Corporate Risk Management, Safety Management, and Plant/Facility Management contacts as well as brokerage firms to complete Industrial Hygiene Services for our casualty line of business primarily for our National Account customers with premium in excess of $500,000.
Position will be located preferably in Wisconsin; secondary location Northern, Illinois. Travel responsibilities would include Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois and Minnesota.
What You’ll Do: The following are some of the responsibilities of the National Account IH Services Consultant Senior:
* Act as a Team Leader and conduct industrial hygiene field consultation service (noise, air quality, IAQ, etc.) for National Accounts customers. Provide industrial hygiene services for standard commercial lines customers, underwriting, and fee service customers at the request of IH or Safety Services management.
* Anticipate, recognize, evaluate potential health hazards, and assist customers by recommending proper controls for ACGIH and OSHA guidelines.
* Review, assist with development and/or coordinate specific risk improvement or regulatory mandated programs. Coordinate the implementation of these programs with the customer and the safety services consultant.
* Provide technical expertise for the development of industrial hygiene-related technical bulletins or information sheets.
* Provide training for customers, safety services consultants, or Sentry Insurance employees in industrial hygiene-related areas.
* Assist sales and underwriting by providing information about prospective customer’s processes and potential exposures on conditions that may lead to occupational disease as directed by Industrial Hygiene Management.
* Assist Sentry Insurance claims department with review or evaluation of occupational disease claims that may have arisen from specific process or workplace exposures.
* Maintain and calibrate field equipment on a scheduled basis. Ensure that field work is done in a timely and professional manner.
What it Takes
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within the Safety Sciences area is required (i.e., Industrial Hygiene, Degree in Analytical Chemistry, or a related science and/or engineering field).
* 3+ years of related work experience.
* M.S. Degree in industrial hygiene, or occupational and environmental health preferred.
* Certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene in the comprehensive practice or other specialty aspect of industrial hygiene is preferred. or a willingness to achieve the CIH Designation in 3 – 5 years.
* Demonstrated competency in field consultation and familiarity with current industrial hygiene technology.
* Leadership skills, proactive attitude, proficient technical writing and communication skills.
* An acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to perform extensive travel is required (50% – 75% travel).
What You’ll Receive
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
* Company Car
* Work from Home
* Competitive Compensation
* Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
* Generous Paid-Time Off – including Company Holidays
* 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent – immediate vesting
* Access to more than 100 certifications, designation and licensing courses
Complete this quick and easy application and upload your resume. The application process will need to be completed to be considered. Apply online at: http://adtrk.tw/W6Kcm
Who You’ll Want to Contact with Questions
Why Sentry Insurance
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their future since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes. The Sentry Team is passionate about providing good customer service and supports on-going professional and technical development.
So make the right choice—with great potential for growth, an outstanding 401(k) program and a schedule that offers you a balance between your work and life—choose the company with the strength and stability to offer it all. Choose Sentry Insurance.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer